Sunday, May 1, 2016

Flood of emotions

It's been so long since I have posted on this blog that what I want to say right now won't make any sense. But I hope in the next little while to provide the missing context and explain why I have been silent so long. 

Our Sunbeam, Evan, is going to be singing with the Primary kids next week for Mother's Day. Watching him in their practice session today after Sacrament Meeting brought back a whole flood of emotions that took me by surprise. It's been 42 years since Ruth sang in her first Mother's Day primary chorus and that's how I am feeling now. 

I have so loved being a father and even at an age where many are retiring, parenting a two year old and a three year old is an indescribable joy. I am so blessed to have a wife who feels exactly the same about this, and am thankful that these two boys have come into our lives. 

I'm sure that at each milestone that Evan and Aiden go through, especially in the Church, this flood will reoccur. I'm glad.