Monday, May 24, 2010

Disneyland, In Utero

In August of 1979 I was scheduled for a week-long IBM class of some kind in Los Angeles.

We have some friends (Kim and Mary Purgaugh, to name names) in Rialto, which is next door to San Bernardino, California, and about 60 miles from Los Angeles. I talked my boss into letting me trade three "free" nights of staying with our friends for two nights in the Bonaventure Hotel, which would have otherwise been too expensive for the whole week.

The Bonaventure was fun. Our room was wedge shaped, but every room had a view of the outside.

The class schedule allowed for one free day before we had to get gone, so of course we had to go to Disneyland. Now honestly, I could have lived without going to Disneyland, but Mildred insisted.

At this point she was 8 months pregnant with David, our middle (#4) child, and I have to say that she was a real drag ;) But we really did have fun there.

I'm sure there were others of David's sibs who went to Disneyland in utero, but he was definitely the closest to delivery.

1 comment:

Debs said...

I was just telling Jake the other day that I remember Mom saying that everytime you guys went to Disneyland she was either pregnant or had just had a baby